Saturday, October 11, 2008

Write Now!

I am at the Write Now! Competition at UVU. We have done a lot of writing. Everyone should have gone if you want to become a better writer. They have lots of advice that I never would have thought of myself. I also learned a new style of writing, called creative nonfiction. It is kind of like a personal essay, except you don't make it personal, but more like a story. At the end you usually use a metaphor of some sort that goes along with the story. The teacher read an example of hers. The story isn't very connected at all. It is just dictating your thouhgts about that memory. Often you can use dreams or nightmares as examples (That is what I did). Anyways, I thought that Write Now! was really great. I'll come back if they do it next year.

2 comments:

lizzie said...

I liked going to that, I wish I could have gone to the non-fiction stories.... :( it was still fun though. And Dylan and I had fun with the prom thing.. :)

Mr. Dye said...

I'm glad it was helpful. I have been interested in Creative Nonfiction for a while. Can you tell me more about what they said?